Driving Lessons Bolton
1 Bolton driving instructors found in the Bolton area.
Bolton driving instructors are made up of independent instructors and local Bolton driving schools covering Bolton. All driving instructors listed are qualified to provide you with the best driving lessons to help you pass your driving test in the most efficient way.
Learning to Drive in Bolton
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Bolton’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is similar to the overall pass rate national average of 50.5%.
The test centres in Bolton are Bolton which has a pass rate of 60.1%, Atherton at 53.4%, Bury at 38.7%, Cheetham Hill at 43.2%
The nearest additional driving test centres for Bolton are in Blackburn with Darwen with 42.0%, Chorley with 59.6%, Sale at 49.2%. and Chadderton which has a lower pass rate of 45.0%.
Bolton’s Practical Driving Test Centres
- Atherton, (Bolton), (Wheelchair accessible): Gibfield Park Avenue, Atherton, Manchester, MA0SU
- Bolton, (Bolton), (Wheelchair accessible): Weston Street, Bolton, BL3 2AW
- Blackburn with Darwen, (Bolton), Blackburn Interchange, Commercial Road, Off Junction 4 M65 Blackburn Darwen BB3 0DB
- Bury, (Bolton), Smith Street, Bury, BL9 6HH
- Chadderton, (Bolton), 9 Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA
- Cheetham Hill, (Bolton), (Wheelchair accessible): Alderglen Road, Cheetham, Manchester M8 0AL
- Chorley, (Bolton), Rossall Road, Chorley, PR6 0BT
- Sale, (Bolton), Wheelchair accessible): 36 – 38 Poplar Grove, Sale M33 7ER
Bolton’s Theory Test Centres
- Bolton, (Bolton), Suite 2A, Second Floor, Knowsley House, 4-6 Knowsley Street, Bolton BL1 2AH
- Manchester, (Bolton), Suite 2, Ground Floor, Red Block 5, Universal Square Devonshire Street North, Ardwick, Manchester M12 6JH
- Stockport, (Bolton), Ground Floor, 1 St Peters Square, Stockport SK1 1NZ
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Bolton – did you know?
- Bolton is home to numerous BBC radio DJ’s – Sara Cox, Vernon Kay, Mark Radcliffe and Victoria Derbyshire are just a few of the famous voices on our airways that originate in Bolton.
- Many famed novelists come from Bolton including Monica Ali author of Brick Lane, Bill Naughton, author of Alfie, and Ruth Hamilton who’s written more than seven novels based in the UK.
- Bolton has one of the best trained mountain rescue teams in the whole of England, however, there are no mountains in Bolton.
- Bolton is home to the ice cream wafer sandwich. The delicious desert was invented in 1905 by a stall holder and the Bolton Market Hall. Sadly, the inventors name has melted from the pages of history.
- Bolton was host to the sports events badminton and mountain biking in 2002’s Commonwealth Games, despite there being no mountains in Bolton.
- Sir Harry Kroto, who won the 1996 Nobel Prize for inventing Carbon 60 was born in Bolton. The substance has revolutionised civil engineering because it is stronger yet lighter than steel.
- Bolton was featured in a calendar paying homage to the roundabout. Bolton’s roundabouts featured with those of Milton Keynes and Swindon’s ‘magic’ roundabout.
- Most of the world’s disposable bedpans are made in Bolton by the company Vernacare. Vernacare also manufacture other medical grade pulp products such as bowls, dishes and trays.
- 5 million people visit Bolton each year, many for day trips, conferences and industry expos that are held in the town.
- The doors of the 19th Century Imperial Ottoman Bank Museum in Istanbul, were made by Chatwoods in Bolton.