No results found. Try another search?
Learning to Drive in Bournemouth
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Bournemouth’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is lower than the national average sitting at 42.0%.
The test centres in Bournemouth are Maybush which has a pass rate of 42.0%, Portsmouth at 49.7%, Salisbury with 55.7%, and Dorchester at 65.2%.
The nearest additional driving test centres for Bournemouth are in Newport with 50.3%, Lee on the Solent at 64.8%, Winchester at 51.1%, and Poole which has a slightly higher pass rate of 51.4%.
Bournemouth’s Practical Driving Test Centres
- Dorchester, (Bournemouth), 66 Peverell Avenue West, Poundbury, Dorchester DT1 3SU
- Lee on the Solent, (Bournemouth), The Richard Sainsbury Building, Daedalus Argus Gate Daedalus Drive, Lee on the Solent PO13 13 9JY
- Maybush, (Bournemouth), (wheelchair accessible), Green Lane, Maybush, Southampton SO16 9FP
- Newport, Isle of Wight, (Bournemouth), Innovation Centre, St Cross Business Park, Newport, Newport PO30 5WB
- Poole, (Bournemouth), 4 – 20 Harwell Road, Nuffield Industrial Estate, Poole BH17 0SA
- Portsmouth, (Bournemouth), Opposite Fort Southwick, James Callaghan Drive, Portsmouth PO17 6AR
- Salisbury, (Bournemouth), Rougemont Close, Salisbury, SP1 1LY
- Winchester, (Bournemouth), (wheelchair accessible), Christchurch, Winchester, SO23 9SY
Bournemouth’s Theory Test Centres
- Blandford Forum, (Bournemouth), M&S Car Park, Langton Road, Blandford Forum DT11 7EN
- Bournemouth, (Bournemouth), Third Floor Roddis House, 4 – 12 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH1 1LG
- Salisbury, (Bournemouth), Ground Floor, Warner House, 123 Castle Street, Salisbury SP1 3TB
- Southampton, (Bournemouth), South Suite, Second Floor, Anglo City House, 2 – 6 Shirley Road, Southampton SO15 3EU
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Bournemouth – did you know?
- 30,000 ice creams are sold in Bournemouth every busy weekend through the summer months.
- Bournemouth’s beaches are kept tidy through the summer with a morning rake over using tractors and a twice-daily manual litter pick.
- The English actress, Amanda Holden, was dared by friends to ride a motorbike around Bournemouth in the nude. She accepted the dare and shouted “Say no to crack” at a security guard as she whizzed by.
- Bournemouth was the third most popular city for the Beetles when it came to touring. They played there more than any other city aside from Liverpool and London.
- A strange egg-shaped shell washed up on the shore at Bournemouth in 2011. YouTuber Danny videoed the mysterious egg and his YouTube clip collected over 420,000 views. The origin of the shell remain a mystery.
- Charles Rolls, the co-founder of Rolls Royce prestige vehicles, died in a horrific aircraft crash in Bournemouth on July 12 1910. The co-founder had already made over 200 successful flights before crashing his craft.
- Enid Blyton, children’s writer and creator of the Famous Five and The Secret Seven stories lived in Bournemouth.
- The perpetrators of The Great Train Robbery were apprehended in Bournemouth. Thanks to the mountains of incriminating evidence, the robbers were sentenced to 30 years in prison for their crime.
- In 1892, Winston Churchill fell of a bridge in Bournemouth and almost died. He was left unconscious for three days and bed-bound for three months.
- Boscombe Pier in Bournemouth is 230 metres long and Grade II listed. It has been voted as the coolest pier in England.