No results found. Try another search?
Learning to Drive in Bradford
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Bradford’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is slightly higher than the national average sitting at 50.35%.
The test centres in Bradford are Heaton which has a pass rate of 50.3% and Thornbury at 50.4%.
The nearest additional driving test centres for Bradford are in Horsforth with a 48.9% pass rate and Heckmondwike which has a lower pass rate of 45.6%.
Bradford Practical Driving Test Centres
- Halifax, (Bradford), (wheelchair access), 11 Cross Street West, Pellon, Halifax HX2 0HA
- Heaton, (Bradford), 15 Fairfield Street, Heaton, Bradford BD9 5AS
- Horsforth, (Bradford), (wheelchair access), Room 013 Woodside House, 261 Low Lane, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5NY
- Huddersfield, (Bradford), Clarion Cedar Court, Ainley Top, Huddersfield, HD3 3RH
- Thornbury, (Bradford), The Courtyard, Midpoint, Thornbury, Bradford, BD3 7AY
Bradford Theory Test Centres
- Bradford, (Bradford), Suite 1, Second Floor, Auburn House, Upper Piccadilly, Bradford, BD1 3NU
- Burnley, (Bradford), Rachel Kay-Shuttleworth Room, Burnley, Pendle & Rossendale Council Voluntary Services, The CVS Centre, 62 – 64 Yorkshire Street, Burnley BB11 3BT
- Glossop, (Bradford), First Floor, Glossop Business Centre, The Old Co-Op Building, 11 Railway Street, Glossop SK13 7AG
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Bradford – did you know?
- One of England’s finest theatres, The Alhambra, is in Bradford. Although this has the same name as the Moorish palace, that’s where the similarities end!
- Bradford is the highest city in England, sitting at a lofty 554ft above sea level. It has both the highest single point at 324.9 metres above sea and the highest average altitude.
- St George’s Hall is the oldest concert hall still in use in the UK. This beautiful Victoria concert hall is found in the heart of Bradford city.
- The Grade 1 listed fountain in Bradford city park is the highest in Britain. At night a beautiful laser display shows off the sparkling waters.
- Each year, Bradford hosts a national curry competition and was once known as Britain’s Curry Capital.
- In the 19th Century, Bradford was world famous for wool textiles. It still produces fine wool fabrics today.
- Bradford has its own Batman, an anonymous masked crusader who apprehended a burglary suspect in 2013 and turned him into the police.
- Bradford is the first UNESCO City of Film thanks to the inspirational movie locations and rich film heritage.
- One Direction band member, Zayn Malik was born and raised in Bradford. Although he no longer lives in the city, his sister lives in a luxury home in the city purchased as a gift by him.
- Bradford has the highest proportion of under-five-year-olds and under 19-year-olds of any city outside of London.