Driving Lessons Dartford
1 Dartford driving instructors found in the Dartford area.
Dartford driving instructors are made up of independent instructors and local Dartford driving schools covering Dartford. All driving instructors listed are qualified to provide you with the best driving lessons to help you pass your driving test in the most efficient way.
Learning to Drive in Dartford
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Dartford’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is much lower than the national average sitting at 39.0%.
The test centres in Dartford are Belvedere with a pass rate of 35.3%, Sidcup with 53.8%, Erith with 28.1%, and Tilbury with 39.0%.
The nearest additional driving test centres for Dartford are in Hornchurch with a 52.8% pass rate, Bromley with 52.7%, Barking with 39.4% and Goodmayes which has a higher pass rate of 44.2%.
Dartford Practical Driving Test Centres
- Barking, (Dartford), 84 Tanner Street, Barking, Essex IG11 8QF
- Belvedere, (Dartford), 33 Woolwich Road, Belvedere, Belvedere DA17 5EE
- Bromley, (Dartford), 121 – 123 Burnt Ash Lane, Bromley, BR1 5AB
- Erith, (Dartford), Crabtree, Manor Way North, Erith DA17 6LJ
- Goodmayes, (Dartford), 98 Goodmayes Road Ilford. Goodmayes IG3 9UZ
- Hither Green, (Dartford), 42 – 44 Ennersdale Road, Hither Green, SE13 6JD
- Hornchurch, (Dartford), 75 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Romford RM12 6JX
- Sidcup (Dartford), 2 Crayside, Five Arches Business Estate, Maidstone Road, Sidcup DA14 5AG
- Tilbury, (Dartford), Montana House, Russell Road, Tilbury RM18 7AE
Dartford Theory Test Centres
- Bethnal Green, (Dartford), Unit 3, Ground Floor, Corbridge Crescent, London E2 9DS
- Iford, (Dartford), Ground Floor, Pioneer Point, 3 – 5 Winston Way, Ilford IG1 2FS
- Sidcup, (Dartford), Ground Floor, Nexus House, 2 Cray Road, Sidcup DA14 5DA
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Dartford – did you know?
- Dartford means a ford over the River Darent in Old English, A Celtic interpretation of the name is “a river where oak-trees grow”. The Domesday Bookrecords Dartford as Tarentefort.
- The first people appeared in the Dartford area around 250,000 years ago, this tribe of primitive hunter-gatherers were known as Swanscombe
- Dartford railway station opened on July 30th, 1849 connecting North Kent Line with Strood.
- Two members of the famous band the Rolling Stones were born in Dartford. Singer Mick Jagger and lead guitarist Keith Richards both grew up their Jager attended the London School of Economics before joining the Rolling Stones.
- Dartford Heath is marked by a series of banks known as Glory Bumps. The series of long, parallel banks in the north west corner of the heath have been loved by generations of daring children keen to show off their cycling skills, but many local people don’t know how they appeared. They are the environmental waste from years of sand and gravel extraction, part of Lord Tredegar’s business empire. After a long campaign to end the noisy and unsafe operations, the unwanted soil from the operation was left in rows causing the Glory Bumps.
- Dartford warblers became extinct in the early twentieth century. These small and dark long tailed small birds were through to be extinct but has recently recovered and the population has grown to healthy numbers.
- Dartford Heath is home to a famous ghost known as the Falling Ghost. A first-hand account of meeting with this ghost tells of a young man meeting it as he rode his bike back from Air Cadet headquarters. The ghost looked at the young man and said, “I’m not well, I feel sick” He then sat down to rest on the side of the road, fell on the grass and disappeared.