Driving Lessons Motherwell
1 Motherwell driving instructors found in the Motherwell area.
Motherwell driving instructors are made up of independent instructors and local Motherwell driving schools covering Motherwell. All driving instructors listed are qualified to provide you with the best driving lessons to help you pass your driving test in the most efficient way.
Learning to Drive in Motherwell
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Motherwell’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is slightly lower than the national average sitting at 49.4%
Motherwell’s test centres are Hamilton which has a pass rate of 54.2%, Airdrie with 49.8%, Glasgow Baillieston at 47.1%, and East Kilbride at 46.5%.
The nearest additional driving test centres for Motherwell are in Bishopbriggs with 50.6%, Anniesland with 41.8% and Shieldhall which has a slightly lower pass rate of 40.8%.
Motherwell Practical Driving Test Centres
- Airdrie, (Motherwell), 7 Aitchison Street, Sword Street, Airdrie ML6 0DA
- Anniesland (Motherwell), 351 Anniesland Road, Strathclyde, Glasgow G13 1XS
- Baillieston, (Motherwell), (wheelchair accessible): 341 Springhill Parkway, Business Park, Glasgow G69 6GA
- Bishopbriggs, (Motherwell), Crosshill Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow G64 2QA
- East Kilbride (Motherwell), Bosfield Place, Legion Scotland, East Mains, East Kilbride, G74 4DY
- Hamilton, (Motherwell), (wheelchair accessible), 30 Selkirk Street, South Hamilton ML3 6RQ
- Lanark, (Motherwell), Lanark Agricultural Centre, Lanark ML11 9AX
- Shieldhall (Motherwell), Bogmoor Road, ShieldHall West, Lanarkshire, Glasgow G51 4TH
Motherwell Theory Test Centres
- Glasgow, (Motherwell), Third Floor, Empire House, 131 West Nile Street, Glasgow G1 2RX
- Lanark, (Motherwell), Ground Floor, St Nichols Church, Castlegate, Lanark ML11 9DZ
- Stirling, (Motherwell), Suite 2, Part of Unit 1, Ground Floor, Lomond Court, Castle Business Park, Stirling FK9 4TU
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Motherwell – did you know?
- Motherwell began as a small hamlet known for the fine textiles produced there. It wasn’t until the rich natural resources of the area were discovered and mined and the opening of the railway in the 1830s that it began to grow.
- Motherwell is a town and former burgh in North Lanarkshire. The town sits to the south east of Glasgow and has a population of around 32,120 people.
- 3Motherwell’s name reportedly comes from the Lady Well dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The site of this well is now covered over and marked by a plaque on Ladywell Road. The name “Moderwelt” appears on a map that was made by the cartographer, Timothy Pont around 1593. The map was printed in the Netherlands in around 1652.
- At the start of the 20th century, Motherwell had a large and growing industrial centre that included a variety of heavy industries such as munitions, trams and bridge components. By the 1930s most of Scotland’s steel was produced in Motherwell, and owned by the very rich Colville family.
- Motherwell provides steel and metals to the rest of Lanarkshire, Scotland, and London to this day and is famous for its steel production. The Ravenscraig steelworks railway is great resource and place to visit for anyone interested in the steel making history of the town.
- Motherwell Football Club was founded. 1887. The club has won four major trophies since its inception, the Scottish Cup, The Scottish League Cup are among the most notable.
- The Motherwell football club’s nickname is ‘The Steelmen’. Another unofficial nickname is ‘The Dossers’ it is believed that this references the steel workers who used to sleep during the nightshift at the steelworks.