Driving Lessons Southend-on-Sea
1 Southend-on-Sea driving instructors found in the Southend-on-Sea area.
Southend-on-Sea driving instructors are made up of independent instructors and local Southend-on-Sea driving schools covering Southend-on-Sea. All driving instructors listed are qualified to provide you with the best driving lessons to help you pass your driving test in the most efficient way.
Learning to Drive in Southend-on-Sea
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Southend-on-Sea’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is higher than the national average sitting at 51.4%.
The test centres in Southend-on-Sea are The Tickfield Centre which has a pass rate of 51.4%, Basildon at 51.3%, Gillingham at 56.7% and Tilbury at 39.0%
The nearest additional driving test centres for Southend-on-Sea are in Chelmsford with 49.4%, Brentwood at 45.5%, Hornchurch with 52.8%, and Maidstone which has a higher pass rate of 53.9%.
Southend-on-Sea Practical Driving Test Centres
- Basildon, (Southend-on-Sea), (wheelchair accessible), Paycocke Road, Basildon, SS14 3JS
- Brentwood, (Southend-on-Sea), (Wheelchair accessible), 89 Warley Hill, Brentwood CM14 5JN
- Chelmsford, (Southend-on-Sea), Hanbury Road, Widford Industrial Estate, Chelmsford CM1 3DR
- Gillingham, (Southend-on-Sea), Unit 1, Astra Park, Courteney Road, Gillingham ME8 0EZ
- Hornchurch, London, (Southend-on-Sea), 75 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Romford RM12 6JX
- Maidstone, (Southend-on-Sea), Unit 1 North Court, South Park Business Village, Armstrong Road, Maidstone ME15 6JZ
- Southend-on-Sea, (Southend-on-Sea), The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Avenue, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6LL
- Tilbury, (Southend-on-Sea), Montant House, Russell Road, Tilbury RM18 7AE
Southend-on-Sea Theory Test Centres
- Chatham, (Southend-on-Sea), 14 – 16 High Street, Chatham ME4 4EP
- Chelmsford, (Southend-on-Sea), Suite 4, Second Floor, Saxon House, 27 Duke Street, Chelmsford CM1 1HT
- Southend-on-Sea, (Southend-on-Sea), Third Floor, Tylers House, 5 Tylers Avenue, Southend-on-Sea SS1 2BB
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Southend-on-Sea– did you know?
- Southend-on-Sea has the longest pier in the world. The pier is over a mile long and has been rebuilt multiple times due to fires and boat crashes.
- The British Navy commandeered the pier in Southend throughout World War II and used it as a departure point for war ships.
- There is a short railway track that runs the length of the pier in case visitors get too tired to return to land after as stroll to the sea-end. The railway operates each day that the pier is open to the public.
- Southend-on-Sea has seven miles of beaches – some pebble covered and others sandy. These beaches attract 6 million tourists each year.
- Parts of James Bond’s Goldfinger movie were shot in Southend-on-Sea. It has also been featured in other movies such as Malice in Wonderland, Boiled Sweets and Essex Boys.
- Throughout the second World War, Southend-on-Sea was out of bounds to anyone not in the military. Residents were relocated to other parts of the country and the town was temporarily given the name HMS Westcliffe.
- Buddy Greco, the famous American Jazz Singer and member of The Rat Pack lived in Southend-on-Sea and called it the best place to live in all the world.
- Southend-on-Sea was home to one of the first amusement parks, The Kursaal, that had an act with a lady lion tamer.
- Southend-on-Sea was originally named Prittlewell and was a small fishing village until the late 1800s when commercial buildings were constructed and the Victorian’s were enticed to come holiday in the new bathing town of Southend-on-Sea.
- Bare-chested men are banned from Southend-on-Sea’s theme park Adventure Island.