No results found. Try another search?
Learning to Drive in Taunton
The national average driving lessons required to pass the practical driving test is 47 hours with a driving instructor and an additional 22 hours of private practice with a family or friend are recommended.
Taunton’s Driving Test pass rate compared to other cities across the UK is higher than the national average sitting at 57.7%.
The test centres in Taunton are Taunton which has a pass rate of 57.7%, Yeovil at 58.3%, and Weston-Super-Mare at 57.4%
The nearest additional driving test centres for Taunton are in Exeter with 51.8% and Dorchester which has a higher pass rate of 65.2%.
Taunton Practical Driving Test Centres
- Dorchester, (Taunton), 66 Peverell Avenue West, Poundbury, Dorchester, DT1 3SU
- Exeter, (Taunton), Thorverton Road, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8FS
- Taunton, (Taunton), Unit L2, Acres Hill Business Park, Off Venture Way, Taunton, TA2 8RX
- Weston-Super-Mare, (Taunton), Plot 11, Sunnyside Road, North Industrial Estate, Weston Super Mare, BS23 3PZ
- Yeovil, (Taunton), Suite 2, Abbey Manor Business Centre, Preston Road, Yeovil, BA20 2EN
Taunton Theory Test Centres
- Taunton, (Taunton), Ground Floor, Victoria House, Victoria Street, Taunton, TA1 3FA
- Minehead, (Taunton), Office 7, Williton Skills and Enterprise Centre, Beckett House, Bridge Street, Williton, TA4 4NR
- Axminster, (Taunton), Minster Room, Church Street, Axminster, EX13 5AQ
- Book your driving test
- Book your Theory Test
- Change your driving test appointment
- Driving test: cars
Taunton– did you know?
- Taunton is the principle county town of Somerset, a title it has held since the 13th century. It serves as the administrative and cultural centre of the county.
- Taunton has a history as a bustling market town that dates back over 1,000 years. The town has held a market charter since the 12th century and to this day, hosts regular markets, including the famous Taunton Farmers’ Market.
- Sharpham, near Taunton is the birthplace of Henry Fielding, the 18th-century novelist famous for works like “Tom Jones” a romantic comedy novel.
- *Established in 1831, the Taunton Flower Show is one of the oldest and longest-running horticultural shows in the world. It features stunning floral displays, gardening exhibits, and family entertainment.
- Picturesque Vivary Park in Taunton features beautiful gardens, a playground, and a large lake within the 7.5 hectares of parkland. It’s a popular spot for picnics, leisurely walks, and outdoor events throughout the year.
- Taunton Castle dates back to the 12th century and is an iconic landmark in the town. It now houses the Museum of Somerset, showcasing the county’s rich history and heritage.
- Taunton is home to the Somerset County Cricket Club, one of the most successful cricket clubs in England. The County Ground in Taunton hosts a variety of cricket matches, including international fixtures.
- Taunton is situated near the Quantock Hills which are designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. These rolling hills offer excellent opportunities for hiking, cycling, and enjoying the scenic countryside.
- The Bridgwater and Taunton Canal is a historic canal running through Taunton. It’s a popular route for walking, cycling, and boating. The tranquil waterway is lined with wildlife and picturesque views.